Monday, November 22, 2010

Recycling Electronics

Cleaning up recently I had a lot of old electronic stuff to throw away - broken CD drive and power supply, batteries, a couple of speakers that no longer work, etc. Before tossing it all to garbage, I took a look if there is something more useful that can be done - perhaps some of those parts and the metal in them can be salvaged and reused. That got me to this list of locations (.doc) all around the country (via this site) where electronic waste can be disposed of safely, which I did. So take a look next time, there's probably a collection facility just nearby.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting... It's good to know that something so important can be done so easily.
    There's a spot next to my house as well (I live here all my life and never knew).

    ReplyDelete