Saturday, December 6, 2008

Headphones For Walking Around

I've been walking around Tel-Aviv today, taking some pictures of the sunset. I like to listen to music (or audiobooks) when going somewhere, but on the street you mostly hear the the noises of the city and the traffic around you.

One solution is to increase the volume to block out the noise, but it doesn't help much and isn't too good for your hearing. Instead, I recently bought myself in-ear headphones. This type of headphones are inserted a little deeper into the ear, and are sealed with small rubber tips. They provide the best possible isolation of external sound, compared to all other types. Since buying them, I'm listening to music at half the volume, and hear much better. Furthermore, they have excellent, crystal-clear sound, right inside your head.

I would recommend the CX300 model by Sennheiser. They have very good sound quality as well as a reasonable price, compared to other headphones in this category. One word of caution however when walking outside - look around, since you won't hear much. With those headphones on me, I'm looking twice before crossing a street, and I'm walking close to the side of the sidewalk, so someone on a bicycle could drive by - I won't hear him approaching.

1 comment:

  1. As you may already know, I've been using such headphones for about two years, and I tell you it's really hard going back (when forced) to use other headphones.

    ReplyDelete